END OF THE YEAR REPORT
(1) Science of Sleep
(1.2) Marie Antoinette
(3) Little Children
(4) The Departed
(5) Jackass Number Two
(6) The Prestige
(7) Casino Royale
(8) Devil and Daniel Johnston
(10) Notes on a Scandal - this movie looks fantastic and could be number 10... or higher - I may make changes... check back later.
Period. Just awful. There are worse films, with worse production values - but these are such films with a bloated and exaggerated budget and casting - for films with nothing to offer than bullshit, crap and awfulness.
(1) The Colbert Report
(2) The Office
(3) Lost - I just started watching this this year - pretty fucking solid. I like it.
(4) 30 Rock
(5.5) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - just get even and you'd be great! Get even.
(I'll also sneak in The Amazing Race).
(2) The O'Reilly Factor
(3) Mind of Mencia
(4) The View
(5) Dancing With the Stars
I read one book this year. Pathetic. But that was - My Education by William S. Burroughs and it was fantastic.
FAVORITE VIDEO GAME SYSTEM
When I get it - it'll be the Wii with Zelda:Princess Warrior and Mario Galaxy
(1) Beirut "Gulag Orkestar"
(2) French Kicks "Two Thousand"
(3) Peter and the Wolf "Lightness"
(4) Thom Yorke "The Eraser"
(5) Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Show Your Bones"
of course Sufjan Stevens is on this list - but of course, you knew that.
(1) Boing Boing
(2) You Tube
(4) Gorrilla VS Bear
(1) Pasta w/ Spaghetti Sauce
(3) Biscuits and Gravy
(4) Stuffing and Mashed Potatoes
(5) um - vegetables, yes vegetables...
(2) Voting Democrats Back into Office
(3) Giving 30 Rock a full season
(4) Working with Jon Jones on a music video
(5) Moving to Los Angeles
(1) Not saving enough money before moving to Los Angeles
(3) Cancelling The Nine
(4) Sumner Redstone (the concept - the man)
(5) Allowing Brett Ratner to make movies.
March. The whole world was ahead of me - and I was full of optimism.
June 22 - My first full day in
Getting into the AFI Film Festival after believing that my short film was dead.
May - the world was becoming too real. It was the moments before I came out.
May 13th, the day before I came out. I just hated everything and was tired of the world. It sucked.
Finding out my friend from high school was killed in
FAVORITE THINGS I DID
Played two major film festivals, moved to Los Angeles, made movies for my own masturbation, wrote a feature I'm excited about (just need to polish it), came out, made myself happy, gave a dollar to a charity and then realized I didn't have another dollar to get home
(1) Sufjan Stevens
(2) Christian Bale
(3) Jack (Matthew Fox) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) of Lost
THEMES OF THE YEAR
(1) The Age of Entitlement
(2) Getting Rid of Ugly Weight - metaphorically speaking...
(3) Animal Friendly VS McDonalds
(4) God VS Magic
(5) The Role of Art
HOPES FOR NEXT YEAR
(1) My feature moves signifigantly forward
(2) Find a partner
(3) Some friends move closer
(4) I am financially secure
GOALS FOR NEXT YEAR
(1) Shoot the short "Sunlit Shadows" on 16mm
(2) Pay off my credit cards
(3) Find a steady job, I can live with
(4) Get paid to direct something
(5) Meet new people/friends
Stephen Colbert, Sufjan Stevens, Holly, Tiina Treasure, Erin Mosura, Jon Jones, Scott Uhlfelder, Dave Corey & Susanna Ulrich, The Heathens, Kristina Gomez, Drew Blatman, David Estrada, Danielle Salamone, Eric Ernst, Erica Harrell, Gina Powers, Tan Arcan, Miles and Thom, Jonathan Reside, Michael Cerrone, Central Florida, Los Angeles Weather, AFI Film Festival, Los Angeles Film Festival, You.