END OF THE YEAR REPORT
(1) Into the Wild
(2) There Will Be Blood - this may change when I see it. Yes - WHEN I SEE IT.
(3) No Country For Old Men
(5) Margot at the Wedding
(6) The Darjeeling Limited
(7) Assassination of Jessie James...
(9) The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
(2) Across the Universe - yuck.
(1) The Sopranos
(3) American Idol
(4) The Office / 30 Rock
(5) Big Brother
(1) The New Fall Line-Up - yuck.
(1) Only book I read:
HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS
FAVORITE VIDEO GAME SYSTEM
(1) No video games - and totally over the Wii, I never got... although, I still want to play Galaxy...
(1) Bottom of the Hudson "Fantastic Hawk"
(2) Radiohead "In Rainbows"
(3) Andrew Bird "Armchair Apocrypha"
(4) Air "Pocket Symphony"
(5) Arcade Fire "Neon Bible"
(6) Sea Wolf "Leaves in the River"
(7) The Good, The Bad & The Queen "The Good, The Bad & The Queen"
(8) Kanye West "Graduation"
(9) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah "Some Loud Thunder"
(10) Shout Out Louds "Our Ill Wills"
I would have Peter Bjorn & John's "Writer's Block" - as number two - but that album TECHNICALLY came out 2006 - and I'd also have Bloc Party's FIRST album at number 3 - but that album came out in 2005 but this is the first year I heard it - and wowee!
And their second album's alright - but not top 10.
(1) Mac Rumors
(3) Google News
(5) Friend's Blogs
(1) Silk Soy Nog French Toast
(2) Veggie Fried Rice
(3) Asian Food in General
(4) Broccoli (anything)
(5) Pasta w/ Veggies
I'm a veggie-holic now.
(1) Buying my iPhone (*and not being anti-mac anymore)
(2) Signing with my Manager
(3) Returning to my vegan diet (and becoming lucky again)
(4) Believing in Barack Obama's Optimism
(5) Saying Yes to a beer with a small crush of mine
(1) Bush's SURGE
(2) Not being better with my money
(3) ***** (private) *reminder (too many)
(4) Having a giant steak dinner
November - Sundance and New Love
This is actually a whole weekend - the weekend I read the last Harry Potter.
The day I told my future boyfriend, I was gay (after six hours of sitting alone with him and many drinks). And having him return the affection.
October. It was my first full month as a coordinator on a job that was horrible. And unprepared and I got extremely stressed. And I had a terrible canker sore that lasted the whole month and anytime I ate it hurt like a motherfucker.
Some day in October that exemplified the whole month. Some odd or even day.
Probably when I felt so in love with a straight guy - and told him my feelings - and got them rejected. I knew they would be - but, I was lonely.
FAVORITE THINGS I DID
Stayed at SXSW through the music week and saw The Presets. BEST CONCERT EVER.
(1) Nick from Big Brother
(2) Shia LaBeouf
(3) My Guy
THEMES OF THE YEAR
(1) Building the Beginning
(2) The Importance of Mystery
(3) Biology vs. Mysticism
(5) The Future
GOALS / HOPES FOR NEXT YEAR
(1) Financing Turns Up for a Feature Film (either The Western/Fear Between Vultures)
(2) Barack Obama becomes President
(3) My Relationship Maintains
(4) Get Paid to Direct
(5) Build a Nicer Body
(6) Pay Off Credit Cards
(7) Get an HDTV
(8) Keep a better blog
(9) Finish scripts for "Fear Between Vultures" and two other scripts.
(10) Travel somewhere awesome
(11) Get into Tribecca & SXSW
HOPES / GOALS FROM LAST YEAR FULLFILLED!?
(1) My Feature Moves Significatly Forward
I found a Manager, we got a budget, we're going to Sundance, I think yes!
(2) Find a Partner
FUCK YEAH! Wahoo!
(3) Some Friends Move Closer
(4) I Am Financially Secure
More so than this time, last year... but not quite.
(5) Shoot the Short "Sunlit Shadows" on 16mm
Well, not 16mm, but - SUNDANCE! Holy fuck - never would have thought...
(6) Pay Off My Credit Cards
Just slightly - but in a good situation to do so sooner than later...
(7) Find a Steady Job, I Can Live With
Coordinating isn't so bad... better than being a PA...
(8) Get Paid to Direct...
I feel this may be the year... (crossing fingers)
(9) Meet new people/friends
SR, Sheri Fults, Morgan Gross, Scott Uhlfelder, Alison K, Mom, Dad, Holly, Dave Corey, Susanna Ulrich, Tanya Passidore, Eric Ernst, David Estrada, Drew Blatman, Kevin Akers, Todd Luoto and all the other Sundance programmers, Lya from SXSW, Film Festivals in general, LA Weather, The Well, Carpooling, Alex Moon, Juancarlo M., Sheila McCormack, Original Productions, Apple, iPhone, The Animals and the luck they bring me, Asian Food, Vegetables, my health!
I love everyone. Here's to 2008! (imaginary toast)
Hug Squeeze to you SR.